CELEBRANT: Understanding our need to blaze path toward Christ during this Advent season, we now present our needs and prayers, confident that the Lord hears us and grants our requests.
Our response is: Let us pray to the Lord. Lord, hear our prayer.
- For leaders in our institutions – government, business, and the church – they may be men and women of integrity and present to others a positive example to follow.
- That during this grace-filled Advent season, each of us, along with our catechumens, may accept the challenge to prepare a way for the Lord, making straight his path into our hearts and our world.
- For educators, civic leaders, and those with the privilege to mentor youth, that they may understand their responsibility to bring others to Christ by all they do and say.
- For professional athletes, coaches, and others who are perceived as people to be followed, that they understand their roles in society, presenting a good example that others will seek to emulate.US PRAY TO THE LORD//LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER.]
- For blessings on all who have supported the 2023 Annual Catholic Appeal.
- For all those in the hospital, about to have surgery, or recovering from surgery.
- In gratitude for our health, and for healing for all who are sick, especially those listed in our church bulletin and their caregivers.
- For those who have died and whose names are listed in this week’s church bulletin. May they celebrate everlasting life in Christ Jesus.
- For those prayers that we hold in the silence of our hearts.
CELEBRANT: Good and gracious God, John the Baptist led others to Jesus through his preaching, teaching, and example. Help us to follow his example and lead others to Christ through our word and deeds. We ask this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.
Prayers for Our Parish and Diocese
- That our parish community might grow in faith and confidence that God is present among us, and that we might be agents of that presence.
- For all who share in the ministry of this parish community, that they bring compassion and understanding to all those in need.
- That our parish will grow in faith, hope, and love through deeper devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and the holy rosary.
- That our parish may grow in holiness through the graces of the Eucharist.
- For an increase of vocations to the priesthood and to consecrated life, for the greater honor and glory of God in service of God’s people.
- That the needs of those in our diocese may continue to be met with the funds from the Annual Catholic Appeal.
- That we all be trustworthy stewards of God’s abundant blessings and support the church through the Annual Catholic Appeal.
- For the millions of people who have died of Covid-19.
- For those who have lost loved ones to the coronavirus: may God console them and grant them peace.
- For healing of those experiencing harmful and long-term effects of the Covid pandemic.
- For continued protection of those who are most at risk of Covid.
- For the success of Covid vaccinations and effective treatments and their equitable distribution, so that the illness will not be life-threatening.
- For a better world as we emerge from pandemic restrictions, and for those anxious about the future.
- That God may give us the grace to show kindness in caring for one another while challenged by Covid-19.
- That we maintain the vigilance and understanding necessary to keep us safe.
- For all those who give of themselves so that others may be helped – doctors, nurses, healthcare workers, EMTs, police officers, firefighters, grocers, truckers, store clerks, mail carriers, takeout cooks, hospital and building cleaners, teachers, child care workers, mental health professionals, and countless others. May they receive your protection as they serve.