Readings for Sunday: September 26, 2021
Priest: Inspired by our gracious God, let us offer our petitions.
Our response is: “Let us pray to the Lord. Lord, hear our prayer.”
- For the leaders of the Church, that they may sincerely and fully live the message they preach.
- That all elected officials will strive to live lives of service to the common good.
- For greater inclusion within the church.
- For the grace to seek forgiveness for our sins.
- For the courage to stand with the vulnerable.
- That all children, especially those orphaned or neglected, will be received into loving homes and hearts so they can experience security and peace as they grow.
- For deepening love among married couples, and healing for those experiencing divorce.
- For our Holy Father’s Intention for September – That we will make courageous choices for a simple and environmentally sustainable lifestyle, rejoicing in our young people who are resolutely committed to this.*
- For those enduring illness, in mind or body, that the support of friends may remind them of God’s healing care.
- For all who are sick, especially those listed in our church bulletin, and their caregivers.
- For those who have died and whose names are listed in this week’s church bulletin. May they celebrate everlasting life in Christ Jesus.
- For those prayers that we hold in the silence of our hearts.
Priest: Gracious God, we offer these prayers to you through the intercession of your Son, Jesus Christ our moral guide, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen.
Prayers during this pandemic
- For healing for those with Covid-19, for the protection of those who are most at risk, and for everyone affected by the continuing pandemic.
- For the success of COVID vaccinations amid increased cases, so that the illness will not be life-threatening.
- For a better world as we emerge from pandemic restrictions, and for those anxious about the future.
- That we maintain the vigilance and understanding necessary to keep us safe, and for the speedy and equitable distribution of the vaccines.
- That God may give us the grace to show kindness in caring for one another while challenged by COVID-19.
- For the doctors and researchers working on vaccines and effective treatments.
- For all those who give of themselves so that others may be helped – doctor, nurse, healthcare worker, EMT, police officer, firefighter, grocer, trucker, store clerk, mail carrier, takeout cook, hospital and building cleaner, teacher, child care worker, mental health professional, and countless others. May they receive your protection as they serve.
- For those who have lost loved ones to the coronavirus: may God console them and grant them peace.
Prayers for our parish and diocese
- Let us pray for our parish, that we might grow in faith and confidence that God is present among us, and that we might be agents of that presence.
- For all who share in the ministry of this parish community, that they bring compassion and understanding to all those in need.
- That our parish will grow in faith, hope, and love through deeper devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and the holy rosary.
- That our parish may grow in holiness through the graces of the Eucharist.
- For an increase of vocations to the priesthood and to consecrated life, for the greater honor and glory of God in service of God’s people.
- That we may be trustworthy stewards of your abundant blessings and generally support the Annual Catholic Appeal.