Pope Francis’s Monthly Intentions | Scripture Readings
The Most Holy Trinity
CELEBRANT: As we strive to grow in greater relationship with each other and our Creator and build up a community of life and love, we raise our prayers to the God of relationship.
Our response is: Let us pray to the Lord. Lord, hear our prayer.
- For the shepherds of our church, that they will reflect the compassionate and forgiving love of the Trinity to those most in need of compassion and love.
- For the leaders of our nation and world, that they will seek to resolve conflicts peacefully and work together to create a more just and humane world.
- For the people of God, that they will live in peace and harmony, reflecting the loving relationship of the three Persons, one, God, who live together in loving communion.
- For a growing trust in the presence of the Lord and His call to men and women to serve Him and His Church as priests, deacons and in the consecrated life.
- For the Holy Father’s intention for June: That the international community may commit in a concrete way to ensuring the abolition of torture and guarantee support to victims and their families.
- For an end to violence, racial hatred, wars, and the exploitation of the earth’s resources.
- May our heavenly Father reawaken our wonder at the presence of Jesus in the Most Holy Eucharist,
- For the success of the 2023 Annual Catholic Appeal.
- In gratitude for our health, and for healing for all who are sick, especially those listed in our church bulletin and their caregivers.
- For those who have died and whose names are listed in this week’s church bulletin. May they celebrate everlasting life in Christ Jesus.
- For those prayers that we hold in the silence of our hearts.
CELEBRANT: God of relationship, hear these prayers and answer them according to your will, that we might continue to grow in communion with you and all your creation. Amen.
Prayers for Our Parish and Diocese
- That our parish community might grow in faith and confidence that God is present among us, and that we might be agents of that presence.
- For all who share in the ministry of this parish community, that they bring compassion and understanding to all those in need.
- That our parish will grow in faith, hope, and love through deeper devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and the holy rosary.
- That our parish may grow in holiness through the graces of the Eucharist.
- For an increase of vocations to the priesthood and to consecrated life, for the greater honor and glory of God in service of God’s people.
- That the needs of those in our diocese may continue to be met with the funds from the Annual Catholic Appeal.
- That we all be trustworthy stewards of God’s abundant blessings and support the church through the Annual Catholic Appeal.
Prayers for the Pandemic
- For the millions of people who have died of Covid-19.
- For those who have lost loved ones to the coronavirus: may God console them and grant them peace.
- For healing of those experiencing harmful and long-term effects of the Covid pandemic.
- For continued protection of those who are most at risk of Covid.
- For the success of Covid vaccinations and effective treatments and their equitable distribution, so that the illness will not be life-threatening.
- For a better world as we emerge from pandemic restrictions, and for those anxious about the future.
- That God may give us the grace to show kindness in caring for one another while challenged by Covid-19.
- That we maintain the vigilance and understanding necessary to keep us safe.
- For all those who give of themselves so that others may be helped – doctors, nurses, healthcare workers, EMTs, police officers, firefighters, grocers, truckers, store clerks, mail carriers, takeout cooks, hospital and building cleaners, teachers, child care workers, mental health professionals, and countless others. May they receive your protection as they serve.