General Intercessions for April 5, 2020 – Palm Sunday of the Lord’s Passion
At Mass, we always ask your participation in the prayers of the faithful. Let’s keep that a vital part of your Sunday.
Priest: We now bring our prayers on behalf of our community, our church, and our world..
Our response is: “Let us pray to the Lord. Lord, hear our prayer.”
- For the church, that in this time of fear and isolation, we may know the presence of the Lord who always gathers us into union with Him through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- For our elected leaders in federal, state, and city government, that they may lead us with strength and courage through these days of doubt and uncertainty..
- For our frontline heroes who are giving of themselves so that others may be helped – doctor, nurse, healthcare worker, EMT, police officer, firefighter, grocer, trucker, store clerk, mail carrier, takeout cook, hospital and building cleaner, teacher, child care worker, mental health profession and countless others. May they receive your protection and grace as they serve.
- For those areas hardest hit by coronavirus: May they be comforted and given hope, and their sense of community restored.
- For all those who feel trapped by social distancing and quarantine or by illness or addiction, and for those whose livelihoods have been jeopardized: May they receive the strength and faith they need.
- For the sick, especially those whose names are listed in our church bulletin, and their caregivers.
- For those who have died and whose names are listed in this week’s bulletin. May they celebrate everlasting life in Christ Jesus.
- For Father Jorge Ortiz-Garay, a priest from our Diocese of Brooklyn and the first priest in the United States to die of the coronavirus, and for all who have lost loved ones to the coronavirus: May God console them and grant them peace.
- For those prayers we hold in the silence of our hearts.
Priest: Good and gracious God, as we begin the journey of Holy Week, may we be ever mindful of those who are struggling in body, mind, or spirit, and be with us. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.