Saturday, December 3, 2022
Church rectory meeting room
RSVP to the rectory at 718-268-6251
Did you know that more than half of adults in the USA do not have an estate plan in place, and failure to plan ahead can result in significant costs for you and your beneficiaries? Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Parish, in partnership with Catholic Foundation for Brooklyn and Queens, is hosting a Wills Seminar open to all parishioners and friends. The presenter is Donna Furey, Esq., an elder law, trusts, and estates attorney, who is also the past co-chair of the Queens Bar Association Elder Law Committee and past president of the Catholic Lawyers Guild of Queens County.
The presentation will cover a variety of essential topics:
- Estate planning and charitable giving
- Heath care proxy
- Power of attorney (new law)
- Will and trusts (including Supplemental Needs Trusts)
- How NOT to leave your IRAs and retirement accounts to the IRS
- Estate taxes (NY and federal – and potential pitfalls)
- Capital gains taxes
- Medicaid, including new laws and eligibility
Please RSVP to the rectory at 718-268-6251 to register for this important and informative presentation. All registered attendees will receive a FREE Estate Planning guide.