September 22-27 – Papal Visit: Washington DC-New York-Philadelphia
The Pope’s official schedule, with dates and times of the Papal Masses, is available here. Scroll below for a list of key events that have been publicized.
UPDATE: TV Coverage
- Time Warner Cable TV customers: Tune to Channel 199 for Papal Visit Channel
- NET TV: Follow coverage on the official TV network of the Diocese of Brooklyn on Time Warner Cable Channel 97 and Cable Vision Channel 30. Or watch on Verizon Fios on Demand (select the “Religion” folder then “NET Catholic”)
- NET TV multimedia coverage (English and Spanish) at PopeinUSA.com.
- Follow on your smartphone: Download the USA Catholic Church app for IOS at the iTunes store or for Android devices on Google Play or at USACatholic.Church.
(NOTE: These are not parish-sponsored buses.)
- The School of Evangelization of the Diocese of Brooklyn is running a one-day pilgrimage to the WMOF on Wednesday, September 23 — in advance of the Pope’s arrival in Philly. Details here.
- If you would like to go to the Papal Mass in Philadelphia on Sunday, September 27, there is an independent bus company that will provide round-trip transportation (NYC to Philly) for a fee. Please call CoTo Travel for further information at 877-724-4360, extension 701. Or buy tickets online at CoToTravel.com. Seat sales end on October 11 … if spots last that long. Availability may be limited.
POPE FRANCIS KEY EVENTS
||Arrives in Washington DC
|9/23||White House Welcome ceremony
Papal Parade at National Mall
Mass of Canonization of Junipero Serra at Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception
||Morning Address to Joint Session of United States Congress
|New York City|
||Evening Prayer (Vespers) at St. Patrick’s Cathedral|
|9/25||United Nations General Assembly Address
Multifaith service at 9/11 Memorial and Museum
Visit to Our Lady Queen of Angels School, East Harlem
Procession through Central Park
Mass at Madison Square Garden. Details with times here.
||Mass at Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul
Visit to Independence Mall
Visit to the Festival of Families Benjamin Franklin Parkway
|9/27||Meeting with bishops at St. Martin’s Chapel, St. Charles Borromeo Seminary
Visit to Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility
Mass for the conclusion of the World Meeting of Families, Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Visit with organizers, volunteers and benefactors of the World Meeting of Families, Atlantic Aviation
Return to Rome
For updated information, see:
Pope Francis Visits New York City popefrancisnyc.org (site operated by the Archdiocese of New York)