Stewardship Weekend 2019: March 30-31
Our Lady Queen of Martyrs gives us a unique opportunity to serve God. The fact is, without volunteers, OLQM would not be able to offer our various ministries and liturgies. Stewardship is both hard work and heart work because it implies a little bit of sacrifice. Sacrifice might sound a bit too severe or serious a word, but it all boils down to helping one another. This makes for a more vibrant worship community.
Volunteers from several of our ministries are set up in the church vestibule this Stewardship weekend to answer your questions. Please take some time to stop by and say hello and have a conversation with them:
- Charismatic Prayer Group. Members engage in spontaneous prayer, scripture reading, and the exercise of charismatic gifts, along with occasional bus pilgrimages to shrines.
- Ministers of Hospitality (Ushers). You know their faces! They welcome members of the congregation at each Mass, make the various processions more effective and efficient, take the various collections, and distribute the weekly church bulletins.
- Stewardship. Our mission is cultivating stewardship and discipleship as a way of life in our parish, with respect to time, talent, and treasure.
- Sunday Morning Faith-Sharing. A continuation of the ARISE Together in Christ faith-sharing group, they join together to develop a closer relationship with Christ, grow in community, and reach out in service to others.
- Worldwide Marriage Encounter. Through weekend experiences for good marriages, we work to strengthen communication and nurture a deepened appreciation of the Sacrament of Marriage.
Brothers and sisters in Christ, let’s make time to serve God. See what you can do to help. Please use the link below to get a complete list of all our parish ministries.
—David Lee, OLQM Stewardship Committee