Catholic teaching is that every life is a gift from God and deserves to be protected and nurtured. We each have a responsibility to stand against the violation and degradation of our brothers and sisters.
During January, Human Trafficking Awareness Month, the parish’s Catholic Teaching committee has arranged for two free screenings of the powerful film Sound of Freedom to enhance our understanding of the harrowing reality of human trafficking and inform us about how to identify and report this heinous crime. The film will be shown in the rectory basement meeting room (access using the glass door behind the Mary statue). Screening dates and times:
- Thursday, January 11, 2024, after the 12:05PM Mass
- Sunday, January 14, 2024, after the 1PM Mass
This film is rated PG-13 and may not be suitable for young children.
Additional Prevention and Awareness Resources
- National Human Trafficking hotline/helpline: 1-888-373-7888 (Administration for Children and Families of the US Department of Health and Human Services)
- Stop Slavery (video produced by the US Conference of Catholic Bishops)
- Infographic – What Is Human Trafficking? (from the Department of Homeland Security)
- Myths and Misconceptions about Human Trafficking