November 20, 2016, the Feast of Christ the King, marks the conclusion of one liturgical year and the end of the historic Jubilee Year of Mercy. These churches in our diocese will be holding Masses and ceremonial blessings at the close of their Holy Doors:
- Our Lady of Mount Carmel, Astoria, Bishop Paul Sanchez, at 5 p.m.
- St. Gerard Majella, Hollis, Bishop Raymond Chappetto, at 11:30 a.m.
- Cathedral-Basilica of St. James, Downtown Brooklyn, Msgr. Joseph Grimaldi, 11 a.m.
- Regina Pacis Basilica, Bensonhurst, Bishop Neil Tiedemann, C.P., at noon
- St. Thomas Aquinas, Flatlands, Bishop James Massa, at 11:30 a.m.
- St. Joseph’s Co-Cathedral, Prospect Heights, Bishop Witold Mroziewski, time to be announced
Mercy never stops, though. Deacon Greg Kandra offers some reflections at this tumultuous time in our nation in his homily (and Aleteia blog post), A World on Edge. Please share with people in your social network.