(Update June 19, 2020; last revised July 7)
Our long wait is almost over!
We are in Phase 2 returning to Daily Masses at 8AM and 12:05PM on June 29th.
Weekend Masses on the regular schedule—Saturday evening 5PM; Sunday: 9AM, 11:15AM, and 1PM—begin on July 4th and 5th.
While major church repairs on the church floor and pews are underway this summer, Daily Mass will be celebrated in the Convent Chapel (use the ramp entrance across from the Mary statue). Sunday Mass will be held in McLaughlin Hall. We estimate we can accommodate 150 participants for each Mass in McLaughlin Hall (125 seated, 25 standing). Please note that McLaughlin Hall is not air-conditioned but fans will be placed around the hall.
The parish clergy as well as the other staff members are looking forward to seeing our parish family gathering together again. We really missed you. However, if you do not feel well or have any of the symptoms affiliated with Covid-19, please stay home. The Mass dispensation is still in effect.
For the safety and well-being of everyone, it will be necessary to follow the procedures outlined below. PLEASE, THERE CAN BE NO EXCEPTIONS; WE MUST CONTINUE TO PROTECT EVERYONE. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) norms are expected, as are masks, social distancing, individual hand sanitizing, and gloves, etc.
Masks are a must. All must have a face mask and wear it! NO MASK NO ENTRY. All must adhere to the “Planned Pattern” for entering McLaughlin Hall, Communion distribution, and exiting. Please cooperate as there can be no exceptions.
1) Congregants planning to attend must line up at the McLaughlin Hall door in the schoolyard closest to the church 20 minutes before the start of the service, maintaining social distancing. The first 125 attendees will fill the seats in the hall. There is space for 25 additional standees. Everyone is expected to sit where assigned. We need everyone’s cooperation.
2) All attending must enter though the designated door of the hall. Everyone entering the worship space must be ushered to a seat. Ushers will seat attendees according to a configuration set up in the worship space ahead of time.
3) Because there are stairs to reach the worship space, we ask that those in wheelchairs and with canes go to the convent using the ramp. The services planned are not extended; there will be limited singing and short homilies.
4) Communion distribution will be “in the hand” ONLY, ushered by staff members keeping the CDC six-foot social distancing guideline. Please wait to be ushered from your row.
5) After the Final Blessing, the standees will leave first, followed by those seated . All must exit the worship space being escorted out by staff (no staying after Mass). Restrooms will not be available as per CDC guidelines.
We are confident that all members of our congregation will patiently cooperate with these directives, which in charity are for everyone’s safety. These are small inconveniences to be able again to attend Mass and receive Jesus in the Eucharist.
We ask God through the intercession of Our Lady as the Queen of Martyrs to guide us in these endeavors.
Most Reverend Paul R. Sanchez, DD – Pastor
Rev. Francis J. Passenant, Administrator