At the request of the U.S. Bishops, beginning at Masses on Thursday, January 19, 2023, we will pray for nine days for the needs of pregnant and parenting moms in our parish and community. As we begin the new year 2023, please resolve to devote an hour or more to prayer or other actions that encourage the care and support of mothers making life-affirming decisions for themselves and their children. (Please note that this novena replaces the previously scheduled Padre Pio novena for January.)
The parish Catholic Social Teaching (CST) committee will also show the movie Unplanned after each of the three Masses on Sunday, January 22. Read more.
Please use this booklet to recite the prayer for pregnant mothers from January 19-27, and please consider these additional prayer intentions.
The links below will take you to prayer guides prepared by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, with additional prayer intentions for each month of the year, each with a short reflection and suggested actions.
1. May we understand more deeply the difficulties of mothers in need and respond with increased care and support.
2. May Catholic parish communities strive to provide compassionate, tangible support to expectant moms needing assistance.
3. May the Gospel of Life spark widespread zeal for serving expectant mothers facing difficult circumstances.
4. May our merciful Lord calm the fears of all expectant mothers, fill them with His peace and provide for every need.
5. May our Blessed Mother draw women facing unexpected or challenging pregnancies close to her heart.
6. May expectant mothers be lovingly supported by the fathers of their children in welcoming new life.
7. May mothers receive ongoing care and support in raising their children.
8. May mothers and their children have access to quality, life-affirming medical care.
9. May mothers receive help and support as they pursue their educational goals.
10. May mothers in need experience Christ’s loving care as we seek to live out His Gospel of life.
11. May each expectant mother making an adoption plan receive the support and care of the Christian community as she makes a loving choice for her child.
12. May the advent of the infant Jesus bring expectant mothers joy, hope, and peace.