Marian Observances in May
We are praying the Regina Caeli all this month to honor Our Heavenly Mother. Earlier in May, your prayer petitions were delivered to the shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes, France. Read the full story here.
Make It Happen!
We are rallying your support once again and asking that you contact your state legislators and tell them to enact the Education Tax Credit before they conclude their work in mid-June. The tax credit will help keep parochial schools like ours affordable.
Read about the Governor Cuomo’s Parental Choice in Education Act here.
Send a message to your State Senator and Assembly Member in seconds.
Use the petition form at the website of the New York State Catholic Conference: www.nyscatholic.org. Or just click the Action Alert button to log in and send your message to Albany.
Or pick up the phone and call the district offices of Forest Hills State Senator Toby Stavisky (718-445-0004) and Assemblyman Andrew Hevesi (718-263-5595). Thank you.
- You stepped up! Thank you to the sponsors of OLQM School’s annual Spring Bash and Walk to a Brighter Future. More here.
- Support the Sacred Music Society Sweepstakes! Ticket drawing is May 24. More here.
- Enroll in Religious Education for the 2015-16 school year. We are now accepting registration for all children who attend public and private schools, from the first grade through high school. Classes start September 16. Read more.
- Discover ways to enrich your marriage. The next World Marriage Encounter weekend in Queens is in July. Application here.
- Journey to Jordan with Deacon Greg Kandra in a fascinating “view beyond the pew.” More here.
- Take a look at our Photo Gallery here.
May 19, 2015 — Pope Francis Appoints Two New Auxiliary Bishops of Brooklyn. Congratulations to the Very Reverend James Massa and the Reverend Canon Witold Mroziewski. They will be ordained on July 20. More here.
Day Pilgrimage to World Meeting of Families, September 23. Register by July 1. More here.
International Eucharistic Congress, Cebu, Philippines, January 22 to February 1, 2016. Pilgrimage led by Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio and Timothy Cardinal Dolan. More here.
Click here to find out. (Hint: It is about our future.)
Prayer for Christians in Iraq
Lord, The plight of Iraq is deep and the suffering of Christians is severe and frightening. Therefore, we ask you Lord to spare lives, and to grant patience, and courage to continue the witness of Christian values there with trust and hope. Lord, peace is the foundation of life; Grant us the peace and stability that will enable the people of Iraq to live with each other without fear and anxiety, and with dignity and joy. Glory be to you forever.
This is a prayer request from the U.S. Catholic Conference of Bishops and Pope Francis.
Did you know all the stained glass windows on the north side of the church are dedicated to Christ, and those on the south side are dedicated to Mary? Explore our church’s intricate details in this video from NET-TV (2009 archives). Click on the picture. Fun starts at 1:55 minutes.