In light of recent executive orders and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) activities, the office of Catholic Migration Services (a subsidiary of Catholic Charities Brooklyn/Queens) has prepared helpful flyers, including preparedness plans for knowing your immigration options.
NEW: Download the one-page summary explaining the rescission of the executive order entitled Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), or get more information at www.catholicmigration.org.
What the DACA Recission Means (pdf download, updated September 6, 2017).
CMS offers Know Your Rights training programs and naturalization workshops periodically in various churches and community centers in Brooklyn and Queens. For information on naturalization services, call the CMS office at 718-236-3000; read the original letter here:
- CMS Immigration Update (last updated 3/30/17)
- “7 Step Plan” for immigrant parents who have children in the United States (in English, in Spanish, in Bilingual Chinese-English)
- What to Do in Light of ICE’s Recent Arrests
- Family Preparedness Plan (English-Spanish)
- Catholic Migration Services of Brooklyn/Queens (website)
- “Welcoming the Stranger”: Statements by Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio